Sunday, August 2, 2009

Manor Restaurant

Chinese cuisine is hard to be excited about if you've been eating it & have been surrounded by it all your life. However, Manor Restaurant offers some signature dishes that are definitely worth trying.


Suckling Pig
The skin of the pig was extremely crispy (texture and crunch like that of potato chips). Thinly sliced pieces of bread, eaten with the skin makes it less oily.






Black Pepper Shrimp With Vermicelli
This dish is served in a sizzling hot clay pot, oozing with aroma of pepper & fresh shrimp. Ground pepper is over powering but gives it that tangy - spiciness. Vermicelli is cooked perfectly - just the right texture.






Scramble Egg With Bitter Melon
This dish reminds me of a western style scrambled egg that I would order in the morning for breakfast (minus the bitter melon of course). When cooked like this, the melon is not really bitter and the egg is cooked to a light crisp on the outside, but still manages to stay a tiny bit runny on the inside. Delicious!


I'm usually a fan of trying anything, including Tripe & Beef Tongue. If cooked well, I usually don't mind eating more than a few pieces. Unfortunately, both the boiled tripe with soy sauce & beef tongue was disappointing - smelled funny (well funnier than normal) and the meat was tough. I've definitely had better.

Shop F-G, G/F Lockhart Hse
440 Jaffe Road, Hong Kong
Telephone: (852) 2836.9999
Hours: 11:00am - 4:00am (everyday)